Wednesday 11 December 2013

I watched Shameless on mute

I watched Shameless on mute
I watched Shameless on mute, Emmy Rossum has revealed she watched the UK version of Shameless on mute.

The actress, who plays Fiona Gallagher on Showtime's adaptation of the Channel 4 show, told Company that she purposely decided to switch off the sound so she didn't imitate it.

"I did watch [the British version of Shameless] because I kind of wanted to know the tone. But then I started watching it on mute," she said.

"I didn't want to hear the delivery of dialogue and I was so concerned I would just try and mimic it. I wanted that part sooo badly," she continued.

Emmy added: "[At first] I got, 'She's too polished, she's too glam. She's from New York and goes to the Met Ball. No-one would believe her as Southside Chicago'."

William H Macy stars as Frank Gallagher in the US version, which is a remake of the award-winning British series.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Ad Inside Post