Friday 13 December 2013

Manziel ready NFL

Manziel ready NFL
Manziel ready NFL, Johnny Manziel won't reveal a decision on his future until after Texas A&M takes on Duke in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, but if he does decide to stay in school, it won't be because he doesn't think he's ready for the NFL.

Manziel said he'll seek advice from others about whether or not he should enter the NFL Draft, but he thinks he's ready for the next level.

"In my mind, I think I am," Manziel told reporters. "I feel like I'm playing, for the most part, at a really high level of football. I'm putting the ball where I want it to be and I'm throwing it with a lot of velocity."

While Manziel said he's going to use "the next couple of weeks" to talk it over with others before deciding, the general consensus has been that he will leave College Station for the NFL this spring. Manziel certainly wouldn't be the first quarterback in recent years to surprise people by coming back for another season.

Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley both come to mind as recent examples, and while another year of school didn't hurt Luck's draft stock, the same can't be said for Barkley.

As for which route Manziel will choose to take, we'll all have to wait and see.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Ad Inside Post