Slider Recent

Latest News

test

Stephen ira beatty

Stephen ira beatty, Stephen Ira Betty, Warren Beatty and Annette Bening’s 21-year-old transgender son, appears in a new PSA video, but doesn’t mention his famous parents.

Born as Kathlyn Beatty, Stephen appears in a video opposing a New York State Medicaid regulation barring transgender people from health care access.

“I grew up outside of New York, but I wanted to move there for city’s vibrant artistic community,” Stephen ira Beatty says in the new two-minute spot.

“As a trans person, I would hope that I’d be welcomed but many trans people aren’t because we don’t have the basic health care coverage we need to survive."

GLAAD produced the video above, while Beatty's famous parents have not commented on Stephen's gender identity, which has been public for awhile.

In July 2012, he appeared in WeHappyTrans (dot) com’s 7 Questions Project, where transgender talk about role models, support systems and their transition.

'I identify as a trans-man, a f--king queen, a homosexual, a queer, a nerd, fighter, writer, an artist and a guy who needs a haircut,” he says to the camera.

He thanked his friends, “who I’m lucky to have relationships with ... ever since high school, when I came out and transitioned socially when I was 14 or so.”

Ad Inside Post

Powered by Blogger.