Slider Recent

Latest News

test

Le'Veon Bell wants to play Sunday

Le'Veon Bell wants to play Sunday, A violent goal-line collision in a 22-20 loss to the Ravens left Le'Veon Bell concussed, but the Steelers' rookie running back did some running Monday and is hopeful of playing Sunday against the visiting Dolphins.

"I'm going to take it day by day and see where we're at," Bell said. "The goal is obviously to play, but if [I'm] not able to, I'm not able to."

Bell and Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith rammed helmets when they met near the goal line as the former tried to score on a 1-yard touchdown run. Bell fell forward and into the end zone even though the force of the collision caused his helmet to pop off.

The play was called a touchdown on the field, but it was reversed after a review on the grounds that Bell's helmet came off before he scored. All plays are immediately whistled dead when a player loses a helmet.

Bell said he doesn't remember the hit but added that he hasn't experienced many lingering effects from it. He took an ImPACT test on Sunday, and the 6-foot-1, 244-pounder will have to pass a battery of concussion tests before he is cleared to return to action.

"After the hit I was obviously out of it for a little bit," said Bell, who leads the Steelers in rushing with 528 yards and five touchdowns. "The next day I woke up, I was feeling a lot better than I did the previous day. I kept feeling progressively better."

Bell has seen a replay of the collision, and he said he is lucky he wasn't hurt worse.

"It was definitely an ugly hit," Bell said. "I'm just glad nothing seriously wrong happened. I'm just glad to be OK."

Ad Inside Post

Powered by Blogger.