Saturday 17 December 2011

CELEBRITY HOLIDAY TRADITIONS

CELEBRITY HOLIDAY TRADITIONS

Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or Festivus, we bet you have some special ways of observing the holidays. Well, guess what? So do celebs! Keep clicking to see how your favorite stars make the holidays merry and bright, and see if you share the same traditions. Katy Perry likes her Christmas tree pink, while Jennifer Aniston hosts a party with three types of chili. Here's how thestars are celebrating the season



Mariah Carey

You may listen to her "All I Want For Christmas Is You" album to get into the holiday spirit, but Mimi has a much odder way of ringing in the season. While visiting Aspen for Christmas, she likes to snuggle into the snow in a bikini after a hot tub dip. "It's a tradition for us to have Santa Claus-looking bikinis, jump in the hot tub, and roll in the fresh snow," she tells Us Weekly. "Somebody told me that it was a tradition in Aspen, but maybe they were lying to me." Um, you think? Let's just hope she doesn't pass that tradition on to Monroe and Moroccan.
Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Aniston is quite the holiday hostess! "I do a tree-trimming party every year," she tells Allure of her annual soiree, which she'll hold for the 16th time this year. "At my tree-trimming party, we always do chili: turkey, regular beef and vegetarian. Everybody is satisfied." Everybody who's lucky enough to get an invite, that is
Katy Perry and Russell Brand

Everyone in Katy's family always gets to open one present on Christmas Eve. But the preacher's daughter switched a lot up last year for her inaugural holiday season as Mrs. Russell Brand. The couple personalized the celebration with a pink Christmas tree and a tofurkey. Doing something new was important to Katy, she told
U.K.'s Grazia magazine, "because we are a family now."
Angelina Jolie

Angelina is generous all year round, but during the Christmas season, she likes to give in a certain type of fashion. "I'm obsessive on stockings. I like to get as many little possible things and wrap them," she tells iVillage.
The Kardashians

If you haven't seen the Kardashians' krazy Kristmas kards, then you're missing out. The family gets decked out for their themed photo, like last year's mafia-inspired shot. Kris also throws an annual
Christmas Eve soiree, after which everyone receives matching pajamas to wear to sleep that night. "We got striped pajamas, and we all looked like elves… or maybe Waldo," Kim wrote on her blog last year. Would you want to spend Christmas with the Kardashians?
Reese Witherspoon

We're glad Reese has such a beautiful voice, because this actress loves to go Christmas caroling. "I have a Christmas caroling party right before Christmas," she tells "Extra." "I love to sing and have fun." Also on Reese's holiday to-do list is making cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve, hanging stockings, and decorating the
tree with her kids, Ava and Deacon. Fine family fun!
Ryan Gosling

Sick of hearing "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" over and over again? At least you're listening to what's playing at the Gosling household. "My mother always insists on playing that awful Hanson Christmas record every holiday season," Ryan has said. "I don't like it at all, but she really loves it, and we all just humor her and
smile when it's on. But the truth is, if she stopped playing it, then it would not be Christmas.
Kate Hudson

Kate must get tons of invites to holiday soirees, but she'd rather play hostess than guest. The actress tells InStyle that her favorite holiday tradition is "hosting sit-down, dress-up dinner parties with my girlfriends." And Kate always makes sure her parties have a Christmas touch. "I always make a special cocktail and even put
little wreaths around the table," she says. We guess our invitations have gotten lost in the mail all these years. Right?
The Jonas Brothers

While they grew up in a very atypical fashion  the Jonas Brothers celebrate Christmas morning in traditional Texan fashion: eating tamales. "It's pretty awesome," Nick tells InStyle. "My mom started it, and it's special because Kevin, Joe and I have grown up doing
it. It's very like us to have tamales on Christmas.
Zoe Saldana

With Zoe's busy shooting schedule, it must be rough to keep her childhood holidays traditions. But she's rolled with the punches. "It doesn't matter where we meet around the world, as long as we are together," the actress tells iVillage. "Whether we are eating turkey, a grilled cheese sandwich or rice and beans, our tradition
is to be together." After all, isn't that the true meaning of the holiday season?
Tim McGraw

Tim may be a Louisiana boy, but on Christmas Eve, he pays homage to his Italian heritage. "I grew up with pasta on Christmas Eve. So it's passed on to me now," Tim once told Oprah Winfrey. "I make the pasta every Christmas Eve. We have spaghetti and meatballs." Yum!
Kristen Bell

It's no wonder Kristen ended up playing detective Veronica Mars. She spent her Christmases growing up being a little sneak! "I was the little   ... I weighed 30 pounds my entire life, and I was the only one that didn't make the steps creak," she tells iVillage. "would send me downstairs and I would have to go ... with a little pair of scissors and open everything up and go, 'OK, Jody got a bicycle,' and I'd close it back up and then they made me go back upstairs and tell them what it was." OK, it may not have been a parent-sanctioned tradition, but it was a tradition nonetheless.
The Osbournes

Does it surprise you that Ozzy, Sharon, Kelly and Jack have had some wacky holiday customs over the years? For example, when the kids were little, Sharon made Ozzy tape horseshoes to the bottom of his feet and stand on the top of house with a bell to make the kids think Santa was there, Kelly tells Bing. And every year,
Sharon buys Kelly a pair of pajamas for Christmas, which she wears the next year on Christmas Eve. See? It's not all lunacy at the Osbournes' house.
Cate Blanchett

How does this Aussie actress celebrate Christmas? "We have a traditional, big English roast, which no one wants to eat because it's so hot, so there's a lot of food," she tells Oprah Winfrey. Wait a second, why is it hot? Well, because Australia is below the equator, Christmastime is summertime for Australians. Imagine having that big
feast during Fourth of July!
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott

The Spelling-McDermott clan has more than they need, so they make sure to share the wealth with the less fortunate during the holiday season. "Every year we adopt a family and make sure they have presents under the tree and all the things they need for the holiday," Dean tells People
James Franco

Some people dread going home for the holidays. Not James Franco! "I'm so busy all year that Christmas is great because that's when I get to go home and visit all the people who I've known for years," James has said. I go house to house and hang out by their Christmas trees. Sometimes we sing songs and catch up on how
the year has been. It's a great time, and I look forward to it all year long."
Juliette Lewis

Chinese food and movies on Christmas are usually associated with Jews, but Juliette's Christian family has always taken in a flick on Christmas. "You can get into any movie theater, as there are no long lines; it's practically empty inside," Juliette has said. "I get to catch up on all the latest, in-demand films, and I usually
see about three of them that day. I've been doing it since I was very young. Maybe that's why I went into acting."
Paul Rudd

Bagels and shmear don't seem like typical Christmas fare, but they are for this actor! "I guess it's all the time I spent in New York, but eating bagels on Christmas morning is something I got in the habit of doing a while back, and now it's become a tradition," he has said. "I'm not kidding here. I like bagels, and having them on
Christmas, such a peaceful day, makes the day even better for me. Really." We believe you!
Scotty McCreery

It's been a crazy year for Scotty, but fortunately, he has his traditional Christmas to come home to. The McCreery family Christmas includes candlelight Christmas Eve services at First Baptist Garner and a feast that includes mom Judy's sausage balls, Grandma Paquita's flan and Grandma Janet's broccoli cornbread,
People reports. Waiting for Scotty and family under the tree will be red foil-wrapped presents, and beside it will be cookies for Santa
Melissa Joan Hart

Growing up, Melissa's mom held a fancy holiday party for friends and family. But now that she's a mom, the actress does just the opposite. Every year, she holds a tacky holiday sweater party, during which families compete against one another. "People got very, very creative," she tells People. "But my favorite thing to do
was to go on eBay!" Not only is the dress code tasteless, but so are the decorations, Melissa says: "We threw up a white Christmas tree, and I got a cardboard cutout of Santa.
Keri Hilson

Keri's Christmases are extra special because her mom celebrates her birthday on Christmas Eve. "We wake up real early and cook her breakfast. That usually entails me cooking my famous vanilla rum French toast," Keri tells Essence. "We spend the night together, and we all wake up at the same time on Christmas Day. I'm always
on stocking-stuffer duty. I fill it with albums, products and whatever I can challenge myself to put in them every year."
Maria Menounos

Maria used to spend the holiday season freezing her butt off in Medford, Mass., but not anymore. Instead, she's created a new tradition for herself since moving to sunny L.A. and becoming famous. "I heat my pool, and we swim at Christmas," she tells InStyle. "We send pictures  back east, and everyone hates us
for some weird reason." Hmm, we wonder why
Tandi Burruss

This "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" star keeps her holiday celebration very family-oriented. "Usually for Christmas, I go to my Aunt Bertha's house and eat dinner and play cards all day," Kandi tells Essence. "And on New Year's Eve, I go to my aunt's house and eat collard greens and black-eyed peas. Last year was the
first time I broke the tradition when I went to the Bahamas." Hey, if you're going to break tradition, the Bahamas isn't such a bad place to do it
Christina Milian

As a child, Christina loved spending her Christmases with Charlie Brown and Snoopy. "My mom watched 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' with me, and I will watch it with my daughter, " she tells People. "Charlie Brown's tree was so sparse. It couldn't hold a candle to the Milian trees, which were always big and filled with decorations.
They get bigger and bigger every year.
Nate Berkus

We'd guess that Nate's favorite holiday tradition would be decorating the Christmas tree, but it's not. The design expert loves "warm cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning," he tells iVillage. Think he's any good at making them or just at eating them?

Whitney Cummings

Need your gifts wrapped this holiday season? Give this comedian a ring. "I'm weirdly good at it, and it's oddly calming," she tells iVillage. "I love the math of it and how productive it feels when you're done. All that, just to watch someone rip it off and ruin your hard work. This likely proves that I have a lot of psychological disorders.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Ad Inside Post