Thursday 15 August 2013

Jennifer Brennan's dogs, Zag and Bella

Jennifer Brennan's dogs, Zag and Bella,  Don’t let her good looks fool you; Jennifer is about as tough and competitive as they come. Born and raised on a cattle ranch in Texas, she learned the meaning of a hard day’s work at an early age. Her love of horses continued into her teens, when she would participate with her family in the rodeo circuit.

After college, Jennifer’s roots came calling back and she began not only training and riding horses, but transporting exotic quarter horses and livestock around the country full time. Since joining uShip, Jennifer’s loads have expanded beyond just farm animals. Now a typical load for Jennifer can be anything from fainting goats to a water buffalo and a million-dollar Ferrari.

Q&A With Jennifer

What song always comes on the radio as you’re traveling that you can’t stand?
One song that comes on the radio that I can’t stand is Roger Miller’s “You Can’t Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd.” If you haven’t heard it, feel blessed. It comes on so much on the road!
What do you normally eat on the road?

On the road it’s so hard to eat right. I live off energy drinks and candy, and I love fried chicken and grits.

If you could travel with a celebrity during one of your hauls, who would it be?
If I could travel with a celebrity on one of my runs, I would choose Ron White. I love to laugh, and he is so funny!
Do you prefer challenging shipments or do you like the easy ones best?

Challenging shipments for sure! Easy ones are (yawn) boring.
What are the best parts of your job? Worst? Most difficult?
Best part of this job: I get paid to see this beautiful country and meet some awesome people. Worst: the long drives when I am tired after a stressful shipment (like the bulls). Most difficult: shipping things like crocs and bulls. I can’t exactly go in the trailer to check on them. You have to respect those animals.

Is there a specific item out in the world that you would like to ship?
I would like to rescue some animals and make sure they are going to a good home. Everything needs to be loved. Even mean ol’ ROY GARBER!

Disqus Shortname

Comments system

Ad Inside Post